Richmond Green, the largest park in Richmond Hill, was built to accommodate sports enthusiasts and park visitors from well beyond the Town’s borders. As the jewel of our park system “The Green” provides a variety of unique facilities not found anywhere else in Richmond Hill!
It features a 250 m landscaped inline skating trail that is transformed into an outdoor, artificial ice surface in the winter. It also boasts seven ball diamonds, a waterplay splash pad, an outdoor amphitheatre (accommodating up to 300 people), and a state-of-the-art skateboard facility. The Town has produced a brochure to guide you along the Richmond Green Heritage Walk. We encourage you to pick up this brochure at any Town community centre and head off on a self-guided tour through Richmond Hill’s Legacy of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
Distinguished for its diverse amenities, Richmond Green Sports Centre & Park features:
- a 26,000 square foot indoor sports complex
- Boynton House Art Exhibition Space
- Tom Graham Arena Complex (2 ice pads)
- Richmond Hill Sports Hall of Fame
- 1 agricultural barn and paddock
- soccer league play
- 3 outdoor soccer fields (1 junior, 2 senior)
- indoor lawn bowling league activities
- open picnic areas and shelters
- 7 ball diamonds (3 baseball, 4 softball)
- 1 outdoor basketball court
- skate park
- waterplay park